Sunday, May 30, 2010

Food, Wonderful Food!

Last night we had a wonderful dinner at a sidewalk cafe. Brandie tried to drag me to "The Pudding Shop" that she had read about in one of her book, yuck! Instead we sat on benches covered with Kilim fabric and people watched. We had food from childhood: hummus, tomato and cucumber salad, and something similar to a shwarma. We even had some tea and and baklava for dessert.




Today, we had a fish sandwich on the bridge, like Rick Steeves told us to do. Well, I had one. I have to commend Brandie for trying one; she hates seafood. I think she managed one bite. I didn't think it was that great - skin still on and a few bones. I guess Rick Steeves can't be right all of time.
Read the menu - we laughed!

1 comment:

  1. It's kind of scary when HYGIENE is advertised on the menu. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete