Sunday, June 22, 2014

Snakes and Elephants and Monkeys, Oh My

We've seen lots of wildlife on this trip and we haven't even been on our safari yet.






Monkeys are everywhere. EVERYWHERE. To the point that if we don't see a monkey when we stop at a site we think it's weird.


Yeah, they have snakes here. And snake charmers. Unfortunately there aren't any snake charmers at our hotel, just snakes by the swimming pool.









We haven't seen as many elephants as I thought we would. But we're promised elephant sightings on our safari tomorrow. Since we didn't see any in the wild, we had to go the tourist route and go ride one. That first picture is the view of the elephants head when I was able to take my hands away from the death grip I had on the railings strapped to its back.

Other wildlife sightings: king fishers, eagle (questionable), water buffalo, peacocks, egrets, and a jungle fowl - the official bird of Sri Lanka.

No comments:

Post a Comment