Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Alaskan Cruise - Disney Style

We're in Alaska on the Disney Wonder: Me (Traveling Blonde 2), my mom, and my daughter...it's a 3 generation girls trip.

We're on day 3 already and still haven't left the boat. Our first port, Skagway, is tomorrow. They've kept us busy though. 

We've seen 2 movies, Maleficent in 3D, and Planes: Fire and Rescue.  We've also seen 3 live shows. The first night was the All Aboard Show, and tonight we had a great ventriloquist show. The highlight of the trip so far, though, was at last night's Golden Mickeys Award Show.

As we walked the red carpet towards the theater Coral and I were filmed with a Joan Rivers type character, just like a pre awards show. Then Coral was selected to go up on stage and be one of Snow White's Dwarfs. It was so fun for her!

Coral has also gotten her picture taken with all sorts of characters. The usuals and some more unique ones like Sofia the First and Doc McStuffins. She's gotten their autographs too! They've been wonderful; Mickey and Chip n Dale all danced with her, and Jake from the Neverland Pirates tried to sword fight with her.




She's also has been having fun with trading pins. I gave her a lanyard with several pins to start off and she has traded with several crew members.

There is a fun thing on Disney Cruises that you read about on blogs called Fish Extender. It is a pocket that you hang on your door and then you sign up for  a secret santa, I mean Mickey, type thing. So, we had little goodies to deliver to other people's staterooms, and we've had fun things delivered to ours. I wasn't expecting much to be delivered, but I've been pleasantly surprised. It's nothing like the fabulous things you find on Pinterest, but still we've gotten some cute things. We've received a lot of magnets, some Disney and some personalized. We got a Mouse Pad, ice cream toppings, and necklaces and friendship bracelets. It's been fun to be surprised with the goodies. I also brought  some extras so a couple of times we've wanted gifts when there were none, so I've added some just for us. It's fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment