Thursday, July 20, 2017

How to Travel With Kids

Coral is 11 now and has really turned into a good traveler. She's able to keep up with us and never complains about being bored or her feet hurting. I do want her to love traveling though as much as I do so I try to work in things to keep her engaged.

Before we left I made her research each country we would be visiting. I wanted her to do a report, but she wanted to make it a power point presentation. I gave her questions about the history, art, and culture of each city that she had to research. Her finished project was wonderful. I hope that her learning about what we were going to see in advance would make her more interested once we got there, and it did!

The kid focused tour at the Louvre was also a fantastic way to keep her engaged. Marie taught art and history through storytelling and always focused on Coral and asked her questions. I wish we would have had a similar tour last year at the Hermitage.

The Paris Spy Mission book was great too. We have the book for London and Barcelona too, so I hope they continue to be fun. 

Of course, it's always nice to take a break from art and culture from time to time, and have a true kid's day to recharge her excitement. We did that today and went to Disneyland Paris. :) 

Coral told me I got "best mom ever points" for letting us spend a day there. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment