Sunday, June 19, 2011

Venice Beach - American Coulture at it's Finest


Fine crafts available like record bowls and teapot & spoons wind chimes!

Trying to make the best of my unexpected day in Los Angeles, I decided to go to the beach. I started at Santa Monica Pier and walked down to Venice Beach. Everyone always talks about how crazy it is supposed to be, but I found it to be relatively calm and mostly tourists. What was nice was none of the vendors were aggressive at all. They would let you walk right on by without demanding that you stop and look. All except the "medical" marijuana vendors; they were really pushy. They must have already pushed their "medicine" on all the vendors, causing the much appreciated layed back and mellow attitude.

I got a henna tattoo while I was there. That made me feel like vacation has started. :)

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're having a good time despite the set back. More on the tatoo.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. anonymous is your mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah - where is the picture of the tattoo?

    ReplyDelete