Two blondes walk into a lobby looking for bottled water but buy necklaces instead.
Sri Lanka is known for Ceylon tea, Volley ball (who knew, but that's what our driver told us), and gem stones. It started with us innocently looking in the windows, and then we were just going to try on the one necklace draped over a bowl on the coffee table, but that just broke the seal and we started trying on everything!
We tried on white topaz, pink quartz, sapphires of every color, Calcedony, and pearls. There were some really beautiful things. TB1 however is in the middle of a life change (yes again, at least this time she didn't bail on me :p) and didn't want to buy anything. Lucky me though, some how when I asked the price of the 3 strand white topaz necklace it was 30% cheaper than when TB1 asked, so of course I bought it, along with a Calcedony drop that I had already picked out.
I should have let her order the water from room service. It would have been less expensive than our trip to the lobby was!


No comments:
Post a Comment