We are staying at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. It is right in front of the park, so very convenient.
I think we got lucky with the crowds. I was supposed to rain all day so perhaps that kept people home. It only ended up raining for a couple of minutes as we walked in. Within the first hour we had already done 5 rides.
There are really two types of Disney rides: the story rides like Pirates of the Caribbean, Pooh’s Honey Pot, Peter Pan takes Flight, and then the thrill rides like Space Mountain, and Rockin Roller Coaster. When all the audio is in Japanese the story rides aren’t as fun! We obviously know enough of what’s going on because we’re familiar with the story line, but it’s just not the same. Pirates of the Caribbean was still good, but most of the story rides could have been skipped. It’s a Small World was really good, they had all the Disney Princess in their appropriate country which was cute.
We had a burger in Tomorrow Land for lunch. It was ok. Coral had a chicken sandwich for dinner with bread shaped like Mickey’s hand! She said the bread sort of tasted like a thick tortilla and the chicken tasted like Bennihanas...it was ok. Coral was so proud of herself though for trying and finishing something so different. She kept saying, “I’m so exotic!” While she ate it. We even bought a hand sandwich ornament (it was actually a key chain that we will make work, we didn’t see any ornaments, I guess Christmas trees aren’t big here!) for our Disney tree to commemorate the occasion!
On the way out of the park Coral fell in love with a T-shirt with pastel Mickey popsicles all over it so I bought that for her along with a Tweedle Dee and Dum pin. I saw some Japanese rice bowls that were traditional looking except that the painting on the inside was of Mickey, so I bought two. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment