Tokyo Disneyland has 2 parks: Disneyland which is like Magic Kingdom, and Disney Sea which is sort of like The World Showcase at Epcot.
The park is amazing. You enter through “Venice,” and it actually looks like Venice and not a Disney-esque Venice. The Arabian Coast is equally pretty although a bit more Disney-fied. There is a New York area, an Aztec area, and Coral’s favorite, King Triton’s kingdom. Of all the Disney Parks I’ve been too, this one is really the prettiest.
The crowds were much larger than yesterday (Friday) at Disneyland, and the FastPass machine were down park-wide for a couple of hours so we didn’t get as many rides in, but still had fun. We rode Toy Story Mania, Coral beat the pants off me! That ride is fun, but I think the queue setup is the best part!
The Journey to the Center of the Earth is supposed to be one of the best rides in the park, but it wasn’t working. We had a FastPass for it, so since it was closed we were able to use our FastPass for any other ride. We decided to go on the Indiana Jones ride. I really liked it even though it was in Japanese. Coral said it was just like the one in Anaheim.
We also rode Tower of Terror. It wasn’t that scary. In Orlando I think it drops the whole way. This one only dropped a few stories at a time. All the rides here seem more tame than in Orlando. There was another ride in the Aztec land called Raging Spirits, that did an upside down loop, but it wasn’t that thrilling either.
We had lunch at the Chinese buffet inside the volcano. Coral had fried rice and spring rolls! So very exotic for her! We had dinner at at Zambini’s, I had the pizza and Coral had the spaghetti. Both were ok.
I decided I needed a Tokyo Disney T-shirt too, so we stopped on the way out to get me one.
I was surprised at how few westerners were in the parks. Today we could count all the non Asians we saw on one hand! Yesterday there were a few more, but it’s not at all like Orlando where you see many of every nationality.
We really enjoyed our 2 days here. Walking so much and being outside really helped us get over our jet lag quickly. We are heading to Hong Kong tomorrow to meet up with our Adventures by Disney China group.


No comments:
Post a Comment