Monday, July 22, 2019

Day 3 cont. - I never want to leave

Day 3 cont. - I never want to leave

We travel a lot (obviously! you don’t have a travel blog if travel isn’t your thing!) I don’t stay in luxury hotels though. I always figure I’m only sleeping there so I just need the basics. I remember when Traveling Blonde 1 and I went to Thailand we stayed at the Shangri-La and it was the nicest hotel I had ever stayed in. We had a butler! They greeted us in the lobby with flowers and hot towels! 

Well, now I’m all checked into the Hong Kong Peninsula and I don’t ever want to leave! When we got to the large and gorgeous room they brought up welcome tea in a beautiful tea set! I drank tea while Coral ate one of the pears on our fruit tray. Later they brought up chocolates!






In the desk we have more than your typical hotel stationary. There are office supplies! Scissors, a highlighter, ruler, a stapler, and you very own fax machine/printer!

An iPad on the nightstand allows you to request anything from housekeeping. I wanted ice, pressed submit on the iPad and within 60 seconds the maid was at our door with a bucket of ice! 

Bruce, one of our local guides, met us at the airport and put us in the car to the hotel. Korey our main guide, who is from California, met us as we got out of the car at the hotel. He walked us to the front desk, helped us get checked in and gave us our welcome ABD duffel bag. He is one of those people who just oozes charisma and you instantly want to be friends with.

We met our other main guide, Joe, at dinner as he gave us the overview of our trip.

In front on the Peninsula Hong Kong Hotel
Our welcome dinner was lovely. We were in a private room in the hotel restaurant, at 3 round tables. I don’t usually like Chinese food but the dinner was very good. Wine was included with this meal too. Even my very picky daughter was full after all the courses they brought out.

It looks like there are about 35 of us on the trip, made up of 8 families, all Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment