Our breakfast buffet at the restaurant was lavish. It had wonderful breads, pastries, fruit, cheeses, and an omelet station. Coral had Belgian waffles and I had smoked salmon. There were some Asian choices too.
We met the group in the lobby at 8:45. Our first stop was Stanley Market. Traffic was light so we got there early and several stalls were still closed, but there were no crowds. I bought a scarf that is thick silk on one side and cashmere on the other side with some frog closures that can turn it into a cardigan of sorts. There was another cashmere cable knit scarf that I loved, and would have bought if I lived somewhere where it got cold. We found a wonderful store full of “treasures.” I was thrilled to find some calligraphy brushes made from porcelain, lapis, coral, and jade. I’ve been looking for some for over a decade after seeing and not buying them at Neiman’s. I also bought an ox bone box pill box to add to my collection.
Coral picked out a small lacquer box with peonies painted on it, and a canvas painting that we will frame for her room. I tried to get her to select a Hong Kong landscape or harbor view with junk boats, but she wanted the painting of a cat (eye-roll). I wasn’t going to get it for her, but the last time I went to Stanley Market my mom bought me a rice paper parasol. I loved that parasol for many years. It had a cartoon moose on it! Lol! My sister picked out a beautiful one with flowers on it, but my parasol had a cartoon moose. I’m sure my mom tried to talk me into one I would like as I got older, but I wanted the moose. That’s all I could think about as Coral wanted the stupid cat painting, so that’s what she got. I’m sure we’ll laugh about it one day.
From the market we took the bus to Victoria’s Peak where you can see out over the harbor and view Hong Kong’s skyline. I could even see the UBS building!
There is a shopping center there with a Madam Trousseau Wax Museum and a Hard Rock Cafe shop (just the shop, not a restaurant). I’ve never been a Hard Rock T-shirt kind of person, but they had some pretty and unique T-shirts there. Coral and I each found ones we wanted, now I wish I had bought them.
Next to the shopping center was our cute lunch restaurant. We preordered the night
before. I had the burger which was delicious and Coral had the chicken. I was
worried she wouldn’t eat it which is why I ordered the burger so we could trade if needed, but she said it was good and ate it. Great, because it was half a chicken on the bone and I hate things with bones!
After lunch we took the funicular to the bottom of the mountain. It was really steep and we went down backwards! I thought it had to be more than a 45^ angle, but they
said the steepest was only 35^.
At the bottom of the hill we boarded the Star Ferry to go across the harbor. I remember the last time I was here in the ‘80’s the harbor was full of the traditional
junk boats, but today there was just one.
junk boats, but today there was just one.
After the ferry ride we got back on our bus to go to Disneyland. They gave us each 2 fast passes, plus tickets for the storybook show, and a fast pass that was only good
for Ant Man. We were able to do all the rides we wanted: Grizzly Gulch, Mystic
Manner, Iron Man, Hyperspace Mountain, Small World and a few others.
We also watched several shows - Lion King, PhilharMagic, and the Storybook Show. We were so happy to find they were in English! The shows were a great way to cool down. It hasn’t been that hot (low 90’s) but it is so humid. It’s even humid for me from Houston, but the shows, shops, and even most rides helped us cool down and revive. Everyone here has hand held battery operated fans. I got 2 on Amazon before we came and we’re glad to have them.
Total Fitbit steps for the day: 22,379
Total Fitbit steps for the day: 22,379







No comments:
Post a Comment