We went to the Panda Bear Research Base today. It was pouring. The family from LA couldn’t believe how hard it was raining, but it was just rain for us Houstonians. We had our ponchos on and hotel umbrellas. Other than our feet Coral and I stayed pretty dry.
It was crowded and took us about an hour just to get through the line to get in. We saw 7 pandas, some were close but the others were in the distance. Most of them were pretty lazy and didn’t move much. I was surprised how big they were though. They were still really cute and seemed oblivious to the rain.
From there we were supposed to go to lunch, but so many people were completely soaked so they took us back to the hotel and let us go to the hotel buffet instead. They even had housekeeping come by and pick up our wet shoes to dry them.
We had the afternoon on our own. I wanted to go to the market but didn’t want to get out in the rain and Coral didn’t want to do anything. I ended up taking a nap again! It stopped raining around 6pm. We kept talking about going to the market or to get dinner but we ended up just staying in. I guess we were emulating the pandas!
We packed up and set our bags out by 10:00. Tomorrow we fly to our last stop, Shanghai.




No comments:
Post a Comment