Wednesday, March 11, 2015

We have one of everything

We went to King Khalid St today. Al Khobar looks the same and still so difficult to navigate! We were so glad to have dad there with us or we never would have found anything.

We went to the Silver Museum first. They really had some beautiful things. Of course, TB1 and I kept saying, "we have one of these, and one of these, and one of these." Which we said again at the gold store, and again at Dessert Designs. We bought a few silver pieces and then switched to gold.

We started out at Eve's Jewlers, and yes, it is still way overpriced. I found a pretty necklace, the shopkeeper weighed it and then TB1 punched the number of grams into her gold price app, and wow, he was giving us a 50% markup over the cost of the gold! When left without buying anything and the shopkeeper told us to come back, without the machine! He did not like our app!

We finally found Gouba's, and it was full of Philipino women, which we took as a great sign. We purused the shop and tried on necklaces and earrings and bracelets and rings! We put some things back, but told our man to hold onto others that we might want. We had so much fun.

I wore my Arabic name necklace on this trip. It is, after all, part of the Brat uniform. I took it off at one point when I was trying on necklaces and our man looked at it and said it was old. He said it was so thick and well made, that they don't make them like that anymore! So thanks Mom for getting them for us back then!

Anyway, we got "for you, very special price," and went away happy!

After that we went to Dessert Designs, a longtime favorite shop for Middle Eastern decore. It's in a new location and has expanded. They even have a coffee shop and art gallery upstairs now. We were both so surprised that we seemed to again have one of everything all ready! We did get some cute little glass jars to hold our red sand from the Rub al Khali, and I also got a framed piece of Bedulin jewelry. We left there happy too!






No comments:

Post a Comment